Sunday, October 7, 2007

Arthur's Seat--- My Saturday Cardio


This weekend, in the spirit of not doing anything on Saturday I climbed Arthur's Seat with a few of my friends. We got a later start in the day by leaving at noon. I went with my flat mate Dido from Turkey, and a course mate Justin from Oregon. The day was beautiful. We began by walking to the end of the Royal Mile and turned at Holyrood Palace.

I thought I had been shaping up with climbing up to the fifth storey of my flat everyday and walking everywhere. The ascent up to Arthur's Seat proved me wrong. We made it up to the top after about an hour and a half (mostly due to my frequent breaks to catch my breath!) But the climb was way worth it. The view was breathtaking. You could see New and Old Town and even the coastline leadnig away from the city. The birds even were suspended right above our heads floating on the wind! I had climbed Arthur's Seat before, but today the weather made it stunning.

The way down we took a different root and passed by some lakes full of ducks and swans. Ultimately we ended up at pub by Nicholson Street full of some angry Scottish rugby fans. When we sat down to our pub grub, England had just beat Austrailia 12 to 10. The whole place was an uproar with Scottish Accents. The food was great since I have been eating almost every meal in my flat. We all got burgers and "chips' or fries. I also got some Ginger ale which is something I can get at the grocery, but do not want to carry back all the way to the Mound! Sorry for this being such a short post, but the grad school work is beginning to be pressing.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mandy, mandy, mandy! miss you, miss you, miss you! hope your having a great time and drinking ginger ale when you can!